HOW DO I KNOW WHAT DOSE OF CBD TO TAKE?
As mentioned in another FAQ, we always recommend you to ask a medical professional to give you the green light about your choice to consume CBD. Now, some of us don’t want to go through their GP or consult a doctor to ask the question, so we will fill you in with some general information about CBD posology. But remember, the good dosage of CBD you need also depends on what conditions you suffer from or if you are only a recreational user. For example: the following chart from Mayo Clinic provides specific dosage recommendations for various illnesses:
- Loss of Appetite in Cancer Patients: 2.5mg of THC (orally), with or without 1mg of CBD for six weeks.
- Chronic Pain: 2.5-20mg of CBD [with or without THC] (orally).
- Epilepsy: 200-300mg of CBD (orally) daily.
- Movement Problems Due to Huntington’s Disease: 10mg of CBD per kg of body weight daily for six weeks (orally).
- Sleep Disorders: 40mg-160mg of CBD (orally).
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) symptoms: Cannabis plant extracts containing 2.5-120 milligrams of a THC/CBD combination daily for 2-15 weeks. Patients typically use eight sprays within any three hours, with a maximum of 48 sprays in any 24-hour period.
- Schizophrenia: 40-1,280mg oral CBD daily.
- Glaucoma: A single sublingual CBD dosage of 20-40mg (>40 mg may increase eye pressure).